Friday, February 3, 2012

Home Study Update

We have contracted with the Jewish Family Services for our home study update, our first appointment is Monday – so I guess I’ll be getting the house in order this weekend while trying to get through the stack of forms that must be completed also.  I’m excited about meeting our new social worker since she seemed very nice over the phone.  Fingers crossed that she will also be prompt, efficient, and timely when constructing our home study.  It is truly amazing the time that goes into the home study updates, renewals of USCIS approvals and fingerprints and more fingerprints!!  REALLY!!!! We just keep doing the same things over and over again just waiting on our referrals.  The carrot is just dangling there while we are being diligent in our quest.  In December our agency said that we should be getting our referrals REAL SOON!!!! What’s soon???? Hopefully next week or even this month would be fabulous!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think the people in BLG have a different definition of soon. One family I know was told their referral would come real soon back in April 2011 and they finally were matched in October 2011. I am hoping that soon comes sooner than that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that you continue to keep going. We are in the process of adopting from Russia. We still are completing much paperwork. I hope that you get a answer really soon! I will continue to follow your progress. I am going to start my own blog soon. We are cheering for you and your husband.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have set up my own blog now, please check it out. I feel it is important that people going through the intl adoption process can connect and share the ups and downs of this process. My blog is Lucyluee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete