Friday, April 6, 2012

Putting on a Happy Face

This week we received our USCIS letter for our fingerprinting appointments– scheduled for April 24th – YIKES!!!  Our USCIS approval will expire April 7th – we hoped we could have gotten our extension completed prior to the expiration.  Our agency continues to tell us our referral in coming soon.  They have also informed us that we can’t receive a referral without a valid USCIS approval!!! OMG!!!  No happy faces here!!!

The only way to help speed this up is for us to get our fingerprints ASAP!!! So, Thursday we went to our immigration office to see if this was possible to actually get our fingerprinting taken early. This seemed like a small endeavor although presenting with many adversities, we had a spring storm producing hail – we still headed out to test our luck.  We pleaded our case for early fingerprints which they were so nice and accommodating of our request – I quickly completed my fingerprints -then it was Vince’s turn- he started and right in the middle of his fingerprints there was a power outage…….................. Thank goodness for battery backup!!! Even with the power outage we were in and out of there in a flash – needless to say – We’re smiling. 
Today we received the dread pink letter from the USCIS requesting additional information as well as clarity of the children we are approved to adopt.  I'm happy that their request seems like it should be handled with a quick amendment to our home study- I’m hoping Carla is available Monday to pull this request together.  I really want to have it back to the USCIS office no later than Wednesday.   All goes well we will have our extension approval in approximately a week.  Finger crossed. 
Putting on a Happy Face!
Looking forward to our Easter Celebration!

5 comments:

  1. Praying it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying the extension is granted and that you get your referral soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe on your third go around with USCIS you got a pink slip. Hoping all issues are resolved soon and with little effort and that referral will be coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Pam. I thought I'd answer your comment here. I see we are both Tennesseans using the same agency. How about that? As for grants, we received a grant from our own church as well as a friend's church. We currently have applications pending with Gift of Adoption, One Less Ministries, and A Child Waits. Show Hope is next on my hit list. We liked the Both Hands option through LifeSong, but we couldn't pull the details together. We also contemplated the matching grant there, but we didn't have time to wait for the application before trying our own letter-writing campaign. I think I applied with Help Us Adopt but got turned down. (I've done so many I don't really remember them all.) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam,

    Did you receive your I-800A extension?

    Viviane

    ReplyDelete